Friday, October 26, 2007

Blue Angels


One of my fondest memories of my childhood was the time I met one of the pilots of the Navy's flight demonstration team,the Blue Angels. I dont remember how old I was, but I still remember the day. It was a gray day, and the Blue Angels were performing in the airshow at old Lunken field, in Cincinnati. I must have been a smaller child;because I remember how tall the pilot I met. He was in a perfectly pressed uniform,and he seemed to be 8 feet tall. I remember being made to feel like I was the coolest thing, this guy had met. I remember thinking I want to grow up to be just like him! I never grew to be a Blue Angel, but I have such a passion for aviation. I know that it started on that day. I still prefer the "Angels" over any other flight team, no matter that they all perform some of the same basic manuevers. The Angels will always hold a special place in my heart. They all stand as tall as the unnamed pilot I remember as a kid. I still follow where they are, an where they go.
So, Blue skys Blue Angels, fly safe!!!


No comments: